Monday, June 4, 2012

Smash

A Marilyn inspired series...


I've been on the hunt for a nice; yes I said nice, series to start watching. I hate Glee. *shoot me down* I still hate it. My search resulted with me finding SMASH ;)

I have a thing for musicals. But I still cannot handle those kids from Glee. They don't know how to sing for goodness sake. *Stop ranting and calm down*

I've fallen in love with this series (see below) so much that I even got the soundtrack *hides* The 2 kinda "lead actresses" in the series are incredible at singing - most parts are edited but they can still hold their own.



You know when you are watching a musical and you snap your head because you are so caught up in the scenes. That happens a lot with me when watching the series.

The reviews I've seen thus far on the net have been anything but what my experience of the series was. One writer describes it as "A tribute to NBC’s Broadway drama, the worst TV show I’ve ever loved." I agree to some extent because the series kinda loses it in the middle. *Shrugs* I enjoyed it any way and hopefully you will too.

No comments: